Need big bucks for your mission fast? It can be tempting to see a capital campaign as the answer— but a campaign is not something to be taken lightly. Running a successful capital campaign takes the right project, the right donor base, the right pitch, and the right people. Done well, a capital campaign can energize your donors and deepen relationships. Done poorly, it can undermine your annual fundraising efforts and exhaust your staff and volunteers. In this master class, you will learn the basics of capital campaigns and how to determine whether a campaign is right for you. You’ll also have the opportunity for a one-on-one advising session with a course instructor after the class.
What You’ll Learn
- What a capital campaign is and how it differs from your annual fundraising
- The benefits of a campaign to your organization, beyond the money
- What kinds of projects and programs can be included in a campaign
- How to determine the right monetary target and messaging
- How to think realistically about what you can raise and the time it will take
- The importance of not moving too fast…or too slow