If you’re like many development leaders, planned gifts can feel like they fall from the sky. You celebrate the wins, but you keep putting off building a more robust planned giving program—because you’re not sure it will pay off in time for your CEO or your board to appreciate the hard work. Maybe you’re just pressed for time and resources in your development shop and you’re not sure which strategies to invest in. In this master class you will learn the key aspects of planned giving, how to identify planned giving prospects, and how to build a better planned giving program—from your loyal donors giving $50 year after year to your major donor who owns half the property in town.
What You’ll Learn
- Common myths about planned giving
- The types of planned gifts you actually need to know (don’t let those lawyers and CPAs scare you!)
- How to evaluate your best planned giving prospects
- How to talk to donors about planned gifts
- How you can drive in planned gifts that pay off *now*, not in 30 years